Every Person Has A Story, What is Yours?
If you’re looking to make a change and you’re looking for a young, enterprising, proactive company – consider Starpoint Risk Services. Our company is always searching for talented, energetic and can offer you opportunities in a broad range of disciplines.
Searching for the best and the brightest
Your opportunities at Starpoint Risk Services are unlimited. We give you the freedom, resources and support to help map your career path across numerous disciplines. Take time to check out what we offer and then decide if you want Starpoint Risk Services to steer you to an exciting career.
Your Benefits & Well Being Matter To Us
As a full time employee for Starpoint Risk Services, you’ll be eligible to participate in a wide range of benefits including:
- Aetna Health Insurance Plan with options to participate in either an HSA Plan or PPO Plan
- Eye Med Vision Plan
- Delta Dental Plan
- Employer Paid Short term and Long Term Disability
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- For eligible employees, 18 days of PTO per year
- Employer paid holidays
- Company discretionary bonus plan
- Employer Paid gym membership (up to $75 per month)
Current Job Openings
The following are current openings. Please contact us if you would like to be considered.
This position would be responsible for assisting with developing and launching the Professional Liability team in developing, managing and sustaining profitable business and carrier appointments by providing high level technical expertise.
- Maintains cooperative and dependable relationships with retail agencies and brokerages; may make marketing calls to the agencies/brokerages.
- Demonstrates broad knowledge of Management and Professional Liability insurance coverages with insurance carriers and other markets.
- Can secure the necessary carrier contracts and appointments as needed
- Evaluates submissions from retail insurance brokers; identifies exposures and coverage required.
- Identify appropriate markets to request quotes from based on coverage requirements.
- Follows through with market placements.
- Communicates and negotiates with insurance markets and retail brokers.
- Evaluates quotes and contract provisions offered by insurance markets.
- May present competitive pricing, contract language and necessary details on quotes to retail insurance brokers and will discuss any questions and binding of quote with an agent.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred;
- 5+ years of relevant experience in a Management and Professional Liability in a brokerage or underwriting environment.
- Must be licensed by appropriate state or be able to obtain insurance license.
- Track record of trusted working relationships.
- Highest level of customer relations and negotiating skills.
- Independent judgment is required to plan, prioritize and organize diversified workload.
- Critical attention to details.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Outlook and Excel.
- Ability to travel as needed.
- May be required to have and maintain a valid driver’s license.
Synthesize and present exhibits, results, observations, recommendations to business partners and management, including formal presentations. Design, prepares, evaluate and validate more complex internal and/or external financial and operating reports, both routine and ad-hoc, to support tactical business objectives. In addition, review and approve less complex reports and analyses prepared by others.
Perform, review and approve analysis and interpretation of trends and variances in business performance, interacting with business partners. Executes identified analyses in light of business objectives. Engage with business partners to develop and create overall financial plan in conjunction with business plan and forecast for the organization (annual, ongoing and long term) Engage with business partners to support overall strategic plan and incorporate competitor and market intelligence into analysis, including internal cost benefit analysis of the company’s investments (where appropriate).
Apply complex accounting and financial concepts and controls to provide subject matter expertise in the development, implementation or enhancement of financial, operations and business applications Identify, use and/or assign others on the appropriate tools to obtain, compile and analyze complex data necessary to support robust financial reports and analysis, and initiate tool utilization enhancements.
Review external financial statements and including, but not limited to GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles), and STAT (Statutory Accounting Principles). Develop, perform and certify financial controls in accordance with Sarbanes-Oxley requirements. Support supplier management by providing input to manager and business partners in assessing risk, reviewing contracts, and monitoring results. Review and approve more complex financial activities for various lines of business including journal entries and account reconciliations, as well as accounts payable and receivable. Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors degree in finance, accounting preferred.
- Minimum of 4+ years of related experience.
- Typically 6+ years related experience.
- Thorough knowledge of Financial Analysis concepts, principles, processes and applications.
- Thorough Knowledge: Possesses advanced knowledge of subject matter in order to solve unusual as well as common work problems.
- General knowledge of the insurance business.
- Advanced analytic skills. General knowledge of accounting practices and principles.
- Intermediate to advanced data utilization skills to access and gather data, including a basic understanding of what the data represents.
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills.
- Advanced time management/ prioritization skills.
- Advanced ability to solve problems and suggest solutions.
- Advanced problem solving and decision making skills.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (e.g. Excel, Word, Outlook).
- Intermediate influencing of business partners Intermediate business perspective including some understanding of the political nature of the organization
- Advanced project management skills.
- Intermediate ability to think strategically.
- Ability to identify customers needs and takes appropriate action to meet those needs.
- Ability to work well in tight timeframes and deadlines. Intermediate ability to present material concisely.
- Advanced skill/competency level: demonstrates advanced knowledge and ability; can apply the competency in new or complex situations
Starpoint Risk Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer
This position performs the support of the Broker team with processing of data and correspondence to existing and prospective clients, maintain everyday workflow, and manage routine transactions for client accounts.
- Prepares submission cover letters
- Send submissions to markets with cover letter
- Close out all submissions that do not bind
- Complete policy checklist form=
- Manage Surplus Lines form completion and filing
- Process invoices in system
- Preparation of accounts for renewal process, endorsements, and changes to existing client accounts, implementation of all transactions, paperwork, and internal processing for assigned accounts.
- Perform follow ups for various information from customers (i.e. applications, expiring info, loss runs)
- Set-up/maintenance of policy files
- Pull Loss Runs
- Review policies for accuracy
- Send claims notification to claims department
- Organize and maintain team filing system
- Clearing of submissions in broker system
- Perform basic office duties: filing/copying/printing documents
- Run expiration/renewal list
- Attach all correspondence in broker system
- Other duties as assigned
- Associate’s degree or higher preferred.
- A basic understanding of retail agency/brokerage or insurance company environment preferred.
- Basic understanding of wholesale insurance coverages, forms and processes preferred.
- Experience in an office setting or administrative role.
- Critical attention to details and customer service needs.
- Ability to manage workload and prioritize tasks.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Strong communication skills, both oral written.
- Proven track record of being a team player.
- Flexibility in workflow priorities as business needs change.
Starpoint Risk Services has a career opportunity for a Senior Underwriter in our newly launched Binding Authority Team.
The Starpoint Risk Services Underwriter is focused on developing and maintaining a profitable book of business by building relationships with internal and external stakeholders. This role requires an eye on high quality submissions, discussions regarding pricing with the agent and guidance to other coverages appropriate for the insured. Submissions are analyzed in accordance with guidelines set forth within authority granted from appointed E&S, admitted and non-admitted carriers.
Our Underwriters work closely with other colleagues as well as Underwriting Assistants in the prioritization and processing of the quotes including risk evaluation, pricing and terms and conditions. The primary roles of the Underwriter include (1) external selling and negotiating, problem solving and relationship management and (2) the effective use of company and carrier specific technology to control E&O exposure and ensure the timely and accurate disposition of policies and endorsements within contractually bound timeframes.
Underwriters are also accountable for achieving premium budget forecasts, profit and loss, and business development in the assigned territory.
- Holds the appropriate licenses for all marketing jurisdictions.
- Communication of risk appetite and the Starpoint Risk Services Value proposition to the agent.
- Develop strong, long term relationships with the agents to add to a profitable book of business.
- Manage internal and external relationships that will contribute to a superior service experience for the agent and broker customer.
- Senior level underwriters will provide guidance and direction to junior staff including underwriters and underwriting assistants as needed.
- Quickly evaluate, prioritize, and select submissions and price risks that will develop an underwriting profit for the carrier; refer or decline risks that present excessive risk.
- Liaise with resources for individual risk assessment, including financial and COPE data.
- Collaborate with internal team on targeted, desirable accounts.
- Recognize and create cross sell opportunities for other products.
- Work with agents to understand options that best meet insured needs.
- Negotiate terms and conditions with the agent or broker.
- Participate in Lone Rock Capital Partners underwriting projects as needed.
- Minimum of three (3) years underwriting E&S products preferred.
- Degree from 4-year college or university preferred.
- Strong analytical and negotiating skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to travel to agent and broker, carrier, and employer meetings.
- Ability to work in a highly automated, paperless environment, including specialized software packages.
- Basic computer skills including MS Office Suite.
Provides strong administrative support for Broker team to facilitate the process of market placement, client service, and account processing.
- Inputs and updates new and current client information in all required systems.
- Prepares documents, spreadsheets and a variety of insurance forms including endorsements, invoices and other documents.
- Follows up with clients and underwriters, as needed, for necessary information.
- May process claim notifications and work with Accounting on client issues.
- Provides general administrative assistant support for Broker Team.
- Other relevant duties as assigned.
- Sending out renewal applications to be completed for all of our assistants.
- Checking in policies and ensuring their accuracy.
- Submitting expense reports for our brokers.
- Associate’s degree preferred. Relevant experience considered.
- Solid office experience in an administrative role.
- Additional training or coursework in office administration, software and/or office machines desirable.
- Critical attention to details, customer service needs, and Broker Team needs.
- Ability to manage workload with minimal supervision.
- Strong skills with PC-based systems and applications
- High level communication skills, both oral and written.
- Proven track record of being a team player.
- Flexibility in workflow priorities as business needs change.
Take a moment to complete the following questionnaire if you’re ready to make a change or begin a career with this exciting company. Include your resume if you’re the talented, energetic person that we’re looking to add to our team.